Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Day 2"

Today Hannah-Grace saw Three Angels Orphanage for the first time -- unless you count all the times she's seen it in pictures and on youtube!! She quickly became a hot commodity....all the kids LOVED her. I don't think I ever saw her without at least two children (more often, about 4-5) hanging from her arms, neck or legs. She is stronger than her mom....I would have fainted from exhaustion! We colored, Hannah twirled about a million kids (okay, how about 50?) in the air until she was just too dizzy to go on, jumped rope, played hopscotch, etc. etc.

One funny thing: all the kids were FASCINATED with Hannah's braces. One kid thought the metal was stuck there by mistake and kept trying to pry it off for her! Good thing Dr. Reisenger put them on good and tight! =) Then, later, the kids were wondering why I didn't have any on MY teeth! I was going to tell them it was because I sucked my thumb for 9 years, but figured they wouldn't get the joke.

We're happy that the storm didn't visit us in Port Au Prince. Evidently, about 8 folks died in the DR, and 2 in Haiti, but this was very far away. Poor folks. We heard about 25,000 are displaced from the flooding, but you'd never know it here. We've only had light rain. The temp. is refreshingly cool --- little children were coming to school today all bundled up in coats and hats. It was 74 F. Ha ha ha! It looked so funny. All the locals kept shivering and talking about how very COLD it was! I'll always remember that I think.

I'm going to try to upload a pic of Hannah at the orphanage. That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

Oops - one more thing. Thanks for praying for Justin - he's doing much better; only light fever tonight. Yea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hannah Grace and Linda! The girls and I are reading the blog each day and praying for y'all. We like the pictures, too. We love you! Sally