Thursday, December 13, 2007

God's love is amazing!

Okay, just a few hours ago everything looked so bleak. After posting the last entry, I went downstairs to do something. A local Haitian visitor was there, playing the guitar. He was playing tons of old praise songs from "the old days" (the 80's!) =). A couple people were singing, and I joined in, sort of with the attitude I have when I take my vitamins. I was thinking, "Boy, I am totally NOT in the mood to worship, but it would probably be really good for me right now. At the same time, however, I felt so in need of God's presence that I was so thankful the man (whoever he was) was playing. Soon, our whole group was singing together. In about 2 songs, I felt so much better and had gained a whole new perspective on the day, folks being sick, the risk of getting sick, the migraine, the throw-up, ......everything! Here's just a few of the lyrics:

"You are my strength when I am weak, you are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all. Seeking you as a precious jewel, Lord to give up, I'd be a fool, You are my all in all...."

"Change my heart, O God, make it ever true. Change my heart o God, may I be like you. You are the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me, this is what I pray....."

"Give thanks, with a grateful heart, give thanks, to the Holy One, Give thanks, because He's given Jesus Christ, His son......And now, let the weak say "I am strong", let the poor say "I am rich, because of what the Lord has done for us."

"Oh God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you....I will seek you in the morining, , and I will learn to walk in your ways, and step by step you'll lead me, and I will follow you all of my days."

"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

"Lord, I lift your name on high. Lord I love to sing your praises. I'm so glad you're in my life. I'm so glad you came to save us. You came from heaven to earth to show the way. From the earth to the cross, my debt to pay. From the cross to the grave, from the grave to the sky. Lord I lift your name on high."

NO WONDER I FELT BETTER!!!!

I am so grateful for the way God DOES renew our strength when we look to Him.......

And I'm also grateful that we finished the Christmas boxes!! Hurray!!!

Can't wait to give them to the kids! Also, this is so cool.....we have lots of extra stuff left over -- 2 HUGE suitcases worth -- it's like our toys reproduced while on the plane or something!! So, we're going to either give th extras to a Methodist Boys' Home, Mother Teresa's Orphanage, or our new friend, Esperandieu Pierre's school -- or maybe a combination of the above! How fun is that?!

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Linda,
I'm so glad it's going better and that you are being led to praise in the midst of difficulty. "Sacrifice of praise" sound familiar?

I'm praying!!
in Him Alone,