Monday, December 24, 2007

THANK YOU!!!!

A belated, but heartfelt, thank you to everyone who contributed to our Christmas Joy by donating a shoebox(es) for us to give to the orphans at 3 Angels. Also, thanks a MILLION to my friend Brenda A., who graciously gave her TIME to help Hannah and me figure out how to pack all the gifts in our suitcases before the trip. That was a crazy job!!

This time of year can be quite hectic, and we really appreciated the way so many of you took the time to do all this for kids you've never even met. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! How fun to have students from Grace Christian School, Hill Country Homeschoolers and Our Lady of the Hills Regional High School to all contribute SO MANY BOXES!! Truly, we couldn't have done it without all of you!! Thanks also to the many families from Grace Bible Chapel as well as so many other churches around town who gave their love and time to the precious children in Haiti. One adorable boy, Steven, was simply astounded by his gift box. He looked at me with awe and asked, "Did you really make this all for me, Miss Linda?" I explained that while I brought the box, another family from my town actually made his box. I showed him a picture of the Schmerbeck family who made his box, and he just couldn't believe it. "They don't even know me, and they do so much for me?" He was amazed. Then he asked me this question: "Miss Linda, is Christmas ever this wonderful in the United States??" That question almost made me cry. If he only knew of all the excesses in our country, of all the revelry and fun that goes on all month in the USA! He'd be overwhelmed. Yet looking at the total joy and wonder on his sweet face, I told him honestly, "Well, Steven, Christmas IS good there, but not quite this good." What can compare to being with 44 totally happy, thankful and enthralled kiddos?

May your Christmas celebration tomorrow morning be "almost as good" as ours was December 15 in Haiti!!! Merry Christmas! Jesus is born!!



Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

No comments: